What to Do in LA This October
We all want fun & interesting things to do. Sometimes, it's hard to find a citywide event calendar or Facebook invite that matches exactly what we are needing in our lives at a specific moment. Below are five, different events - one of which that should inspire the artists, the foodies, the music-lovers & the cinema fiends. Now get out there!
1. Food Truck Week: October 4 - 11. As part of this inaugural Food Truck Week brought to you by Roaming Hunger, LA's top food trucks will be featuring super secret signature dishes that will change daily & food deals the likes of which will make you happy... aka half-off entrees, anyone? Or even better, totally free lunches? Foodies unite. You won't want to miss out on this.
2. Room 101 Benefit Comedy Show: October 8. Room 101 is hosting a benefit for TreePeople, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the urban environment around LA. The show will take place at the outdoor Mark S. Taper Amphitheater in Coldwater Canyon Park. The event is funded by donation only, and comedic talents include the likes of the following: Zach Woods, Lennon Parham, Ben Scwartz & DC Pierson, along with many others.
3. The Downtown Art Walk: October 9 - 12. Artists will be working/painting in the open air which also marks the beginning of the 2014 Los Angeles Plein Air Festival. Artists of all levels are invited to participate from SoCal & beyond. in 4 days of drawing, sketching & painting the urban landscape of LA.
4. Kygo Concert: October 11, Lure Nightclub. From 2p.m. - 7p.m., Kygo, the Norwegian musician most famous for remixes that include "I See Fire," "Cut Your Teetch," & "Sexual Healing." Even more reason to go see him perform? In July, Kygo partnered with EDM lifestyle brand Electric Family to produce a collaboration bracelet where 100% of the proceeds go to Breast Cancer Awareness.
5. Grand Budapest Hotel at Front Porch Cinema: October 17. Front Porch Cinema hosts a weekly outdoor-cinema series on the Santa Monica Pier. Combine food, music & fun with old-timey lawn chairs to make your Friday night extra special.